Dana M. Kyle
Dana M. Kyle has over 25 years’ experience in estate planning, business and real estate law and helping individual clients meet their estate and business planning needs. Guiding families through trust and estate administration for estates ranging from simple to complex is a significant part of her practice.
A native of Wichita, Kansas, Dana knew from a young age that she wanted to be a lawyer and to help families, so her practice areas were a natural fit for her interests and skills. After college in Kansas and law school in Missouri, Dana moved to New Mexico and practiced in a large firm with multiple offices across the state for 14 years, eventually becoming a partner. She gained a great deal of experience in the large law firm setting, but wanted to serve clients in a more comfortable, personal environment. The desire to spend more face-to-face time with clients and devote as much time as necessary to their concerns led her to open The Law Offices of Dana M. Kyle, P.A in 2009.
As the head of her own firm, Dana is able to really get to know her clients and their needs in a relaxed setting. Being able to work closely with clients and come up with creative solutions to their concerns is one of her favorite aspects of practicing law. Dana derives great satisfaction from helping clients solve their legal problems and helping to lift the burden of worry from their shoulders.
Dana frequently speaks on estate planning and probate topics at events in Southern New Mexico and makes presentations to local businesses on business administration, succession and employment topics. She has also written articles on business succession planning for New Mexico publications and has served on various committees to help establish model business planning forms for New Mexico.
When not practicing law, Dana enjoys historical reading, traveling, and spending time with her family.
What you may not know about Dana…
- She’s an avid fossil collector & skilled fisher… in Animal Crossing.
- Harrison Ford is her celebrity crush.
- Loves Twin Peaks – the 1990 TV series, not the sports bar.
- She became a New Mexican, an attorney, and a Kyle all in the same weekend!
- Estate Planning
- Business Planning
- Real Estate
- Elder Law
- University of Missouri-Kansas City, J.D. (1995)
- The Wichita State University, B.A. (1992)
Admissions to Practice
- New Mexico (1995)
- Texas (2005)
- New Mexico Bar, Real Property, Trust and Estate Section (former board member) and Business Law Section (former Chair of board)
- New Mexico Women’s Bar Association (former board member)
- Southern New Mexico Estate Planning Council (former President and board member)
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)